Ten Short Answers (Order/rank is unimportant. And some answers are unlikely.):
- The West destroys the Russian economy via sanctions and other financial tools.
- The West interferes with Russia’s military operations (war) in Ukraine directly by declaring and enforcing a no-fly zone over Ukraine’s territory.
- The West interferes with Russia’s military operations (war) in Ukraine indirectly by providing Ukraine with lethal assistance (small arms, anti-tank missiles, drones, aircraft, etc.), military training, and intelligence.
- Russia unleashes a massive cyberattack against a NATO member state.
- The West arrests the Russian president for alleged war crimes committed in Ukraine and elsewhere.
- The West enforces a naval blockade against some Russian vessels near Russian ports in the Black Sea and elsewhere.
- The West send troops to Ukraine to defend against the invading Russian army.
- The West bombs Russian military positions in Ukraine.
- Russia bombs a NATO member state.
- Russia destroys one or more satellites of a NATO member state.
We, humans, should recall the nuclear destruction/horror (war crimes) of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. And we should recall the harmful impact of nuclear fallout from nuclear explosions/testings and from the nuclear waste/poison accumulated since the beginning of the atomic age.
WAR IS A WAR CRIME!
Are all declarations of war crimes debatable? (Security vs. insecurity, Justice vs. injustice, Might is Right vs. weak is wrong, political expediency (The USA was clearly winning the war against Japan in 1945…), etc.
“History is written by the victors. Slavery was/is a necessary evil. War is/was a necessary evil.”… )
We can relatively rationalize the destruction of humanity and life on Earth. Go figure!
Finally, have we learned anything from our destructive past to avoid further destruction to humanity and life on Earth?